Accidents in Public Places
Every year thousands of people suffer injury as a result of accidents in public places. The commonest type of accidents are pavement tripping accidents where people fall due to defects in pavements. Local Councils have a legal duty to maintain and repair pavements and other areas for which they are responsible.
Owners of car parks and shopping precincts and centres are also under a duty to repair and maintain areas they own and which are used by the public.
Types of Claim
Accidents in public places can occur in may different places and ways. The following are common examples of the type of cases we have handled.
- Pavement tripping accidents
- Accidents involving excavations in pavements or roads
- Claims involving defective or missing grates or manhole covers
- Slipping or tripping accidents in shops or shopping centers
- Accidents in car parks
Any useful tips?
There are some useful tips we can give you:
- If possible take a photograph of the defect which has caused your accident. This is especially important for pavement accidents. Good photographs can make the difference in winning a case.
- If the accident involves a hole in the ground or protrusion, measure it i.e. measure how deep the hole is or how much the protrusion “sticks out”.
- Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of witnesses who either saw your accident or may not have seen the accident but (in the case of a defective pavement/surface) can say how long the defect was there.
Compensation – What can be claimed?
If you have been injured as a result of an accident which was not your fault you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering as well as for other reasonable losses and expenses which you/your family have or may incur. These expenses/losses could include:
- Loss of earnings/commission/bonuses
- Medical expenses
- Travel expenses
- Care/assistance etc.
“NO WIN NO FEE” – Guaranteed
Don’t worry about costs! We offer “NO WIN NO FEE” agreements so there is no risk to you in pursuing your claim.
How can we help?
Oxley & Coward has a specialist team of experienced lawyers dedicated to fighting for the rights of victims of work accidents. We have membership of the specialist Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) From start to finish, we aim to make the whole claim process as simple and as easy as possible. Over the years we have helped hundreds of Clients recover thousands of pounds worth of compensation.
We offer a “NO WIN NO FEE” service to take the risk out of claiming.
Please email email@example.com or for immediate advice, call on 01709 510999
Trust us to help.