Care of the Elderly
We at Oxley & Coward offer a special range of services to meet the needs of the elderly and their relatives. We are committed to delivering services of the highest quality to meet those needs and appreciate the importance of:-
- Treating our clients with dignity and respect and in a manner that is sensitive to their situation
- The use of plain English, avoiding unnecessary legal terminology
- Ease of access and parking for less mobile clients
- The availability of home or hospital visits at a time and cost agreed in advance
- The possibility of potential hearing and visual difficulties which need to be taken into account when communicating
We set out to establish a good relationship with our elderly clients and their families and our team will assist in every possible way then can.
The legal issues which affect the elderly and their families are becoming increasingly complicated. It is important to obtain specialist advice sooner rather than later, to mitigate or avoid problems which may arise.
Lasting Powers of Attorney
Sometimes clients wish to plan ahead and set out in advance what they would like to happen should they become unable to make decisions for themselves in the future. A Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) is an important legal document that may be prepared allowing you to appoint people you trust to make important decisions on your behalf if you become mentally or physically incapable of doing so yourself. It may be that you do not wish to prepare such a document but you know someone or find yourself caring for someone who is unable to deal with their own affairs, it would be sensible for that person to make a LPA
Applications for the appointment of a Deputy
You may know a family member or friend, who you think is having difficulties making decisions about their finance and you want to be able make these decisions for them, but they have not made an Enduring or Lasting Power of Attorney. You may need to apply to the Court of Protection so that you (or someone else) can make these decisions for them.
We at Oxley & Coward are able to advise on such matters as:-
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Applications for the appointment of a Deputy
- Deputyship general management
- Nursing home fees
- Making gifts
- The preparation of Wills
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Applications to the Court of Protection for the preparation of statutory Wills
We will be pleased to help you in any Wills and Probate matters.
Please email email@example.com or call us on 01709 510999